A lot of my work entails repairing of FUT scars.
Most that come to me are very wide scars and the treatment in these cases mostly is scalp relaxation exercises followed by trichophytic reveion closure with z-plasty.
However every FUT scar today wants revision. Strip scars are not pleasing any more for contemporary hair styles that are very short at the back and sides.
Points to be noted while repairing are-
1. FUT scar revision entails camouflaging the scar by breaking the visual linearity. The scar remains the same. Only it is less visible. It is a mere trick for the eye!
2. I do not harvest above the scar so the hair above are not thinned and do not reveal the scar more.
3. Beard grafts are the best grafts to cover strip scars since they are thick and coarse and break the visual linearity better than thinner hair from the scalp or chest.
4. Grafts are placed vertically so the scar tissue can be bypassed and the root gets its nourishment from the near subdermal level.
5. SMP (scalp micropigmentation) should be considered as a valuable adjunct to graft camouflage.â€‹
The 'Ugly Duckling' phase of surgical hair restoration is a euphemism for that period of the timeline of hair transplant result when it is in the healing phase of hair transplant when the crusts are present and they give an unkempt look and also when after they shed, the phase of shedding of graft hairs and later the shock loss…More
Hair Transplant is a surgical procedure and is linked to emotions and very often the patient would want to know how long it will take his grafts to grow and he will see a result. Patients are mostly impatient and for a reason. After a period of shedding that starts after 7days after the procedure and continues till 4-6 weeks,…More
A beard is in fashion today and since a hair transplant procedure has made it possible for everyone to grow a beard, these procedures are in demand. There are many circumstances in which a request for a beard hair transplant should be discouraged. These are instances when a beard hair transplant should never be done. A young boy of…More