Donor area problems/complications that limit hair transplant | Poor donor-site
The presence and integrity of the scalp donor which is the safe zone is a prerequisite before we can plan a hair transplant.
An insufficient donor area can limit the number and quality of grafts.
In this video, I will talk about the conditions in which an FUE is contraindicated or can be done with severe restrictions and limitations.
The causes of an inadequate scalp donor can be –
1. Genetic- Grade 7 androgenetic alopecia, Reverse balding, Alopecia Totalis, Vascular malformations, Cutis verticis gyrata (CVG)
2. Hormonal- DUPA, Acne
3. Iatrogenic- blood thinners, drug reactions
4. Immunological- Alopecia Areata, Psoriasis
5. Infective- Fungal infections. Folliculitis
6. Scarring- Previous hair transplant, Injury, traction alopecia, clip-on hairpieces
10. Color- SMP, Fashion tattoos
The 'Ugly Duckling' phase of surgical hair restoration is a euphemism for that period of the timeline of hair transplant result when it is in the healing phase of hair transplant when the crusts are present and they give an unkempt look and also when after they shed, the phase of shedding of graft hairs and later the shock loss…More
Hair Transplant is a surgical procedure and is linked to emotions and very often the patient would want to know how long it will take his grafts to grow and he will see a result. Patients are mostly impatient and for a reason. After a period of shedding that starts after 7days after the procedure and continues till 4-6 weeks,…More
A beard is in fashion today and since a hair transplant procedure has made it possible for everyone to grow a beard, these procedures are in demand. There are many circumstances in which a request for a beard hair transplant should be discouraged. These are instances when a beard hair transplant should never be done. A young boy of…More